Sunday, February 17, 2008

München (I mog di!)

I believe it was the famous author (and famous Münchner, too!) Thomas Mann who once proclaimed "München hat mich." And I, for one, am taken with this fascinating Bavarian city. Once bitten by the "bug," you are infected for life. It was in the summer of 2005 that I first succumbed and I have yet to satisfy the itch generated that July. Munich is a magnificent and lively city - one with a rich culture and an even more remarkable history. I have surrendered myself to the city and have been infinitely rewarded by the aesthetic and civil beauty and grace inherent to Munich. I am thrilled and quite eager to return to an environment which I find inspiring and which, for me, only appreciates in value upon each subsequent visit. Munich has a hold of me - and I am glad that she does!

No comments: